The placeholder text in the
Top Count field in the Get Items action says:
Total number of entries to retrieve (default-all)
That placeholder text communicates to me that, by default, it gets ALL items in the list.
This official article from Microsoft, however, states that it only retrieves
100 items by default with a maximum of
5,000 if that number is entered in the
Top Count field:
Can anyone please confirm:
- What is the default number of items that are retrieved by the
- What is the maximum number of items that can be retrieved by the
- What is the difference between the
Top Countfield and the
- Do all these item limitations relate to how many items can be searched OR how many items can be returned?
- What options are there for getting more than 5,000 items from lists which can technically store up to 30 million items?
After comments, if I set
Get Items settings to
100000, when I save the flow, I get this error:
Flow save failed with code 'InvalidPaginationPolicy' and message 'The pagination policy of workflow run action 'Get_items_-_*******_list' of type 'OpenApiConnection' at line '1' and column '1047' is not valid. The value specified for property 'minimumItemsCount' exceeds the maximum allowed. Actual: '100000'. Maximum: '5000'.'.
Get itemson lists with more than 5000 items with a filter query, you may observe that no records are returned if there are no items matching the filter query in the first 5000 items. To fix this, enable Pagination on Get items from the action settings menu when working with lists with more than 5000 items.