I have a PowerApps canvas app that I created and within that app, it connects to a SharePoint list. But when I click on New or Edit in the SharePoint list, it still uses the out of the box SharePoint form. I see an "Integrate with PowerApps" option on my SharePoint list, but I already built the PowerApps form and don't want to recreate. How can I have the New and Edit command connect to that PowerApps form?
I don't think you can import already created Power Apps Forms (even connected to a list) into a SharePoint list. SPO Custom forms are embedded in the list/library itself.
For more info on this consult, MS Document (Q&A) here
And then update "Form Settings" of the list/library
According to my research and testing, Canvas Power Apps cannot be integrated with the SharePoint list as a custom form.
Canvas Power App:
- Design for Desktop, Mobile, or both using Responsive configuration
- Full screen display mode
- Native mobile integration using Power App phone app
- Unable to use SharePoint Integration object (list actions) to interact with form
- Forced to open form in new tab
SharePoint list form Power App
- Use SharePoint Integration object (list actions) to interact with form
- Open form in ‘Panel’ mode without leaving page
- No full screen mode
- Awkward interface for mobile device
If you want to customize forms, you can do it through the SharePoint list form Power App.