0

I am trying to make the search box web part do the query on a custom results page but it keeps changing the name of the input.

Basically I need it to be https://domain.domain2.com/sp?id=search&spa=1&q= and when I search it changes it to https://domain.domain2.com/sp?id=search&spa=1&k= and I really don't know how to fix it.

I looked around here and YouTube but no one really addressed this.

How do I change the input name so that when it submit its correct?

I also tried to do a HTML Form but for some reason it wasn't submitting it just refresh the page.

<form action="https://domain.domain2.com/sp" method="get" target="_blank">
    <input type="text" name="id" value="search" hidden>
    <input type="text" name="spa" value="1" hidden>
    <input type="text" name="q">
    <input type="text" name="disableSpellCheck" value="false" hidden>
    <input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>

Now when I do it this way it works fine but I had to add this code to a different service and then render that page with the page viewer web part.

0

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.