I'm trying to move a wss 3.0 application to a 2010 foundation server.
What I've done so far:
- Restored wss3 content database to SQL Server used by spf2010 server (it's on a separate achine).
- Created application with the same name of the one on wss3.
- Removed its content database through web administration.
- Tried to attach db to my application using these commands:
$password = ConvertTo-SecureString 'mypass' -AsPlainText -Force $credential = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ('sqluser', $password) Mount-spContentDatabase –name DBName –databaseserver SQLServerName -databasecredentials $credential –updateuserexperience –webapplication http://my.intranetapp.com
The last command gives me the following error:
Mount-spContentDatabase : Some Or All Identity References Could Not Be Translated. At line:1 char:24 + Mount-spContentDatabase <<<< -name Intranet -databaseserver rrpc -databasecredentials $credential -updateuserexperience -webapplication Intranet + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...ContentDatabase:SPCmdletMountContentDatabase) [Mount-SPContentDatabase], IdentityNotMappedException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletMountContentDatabase
I'm pretty sure that sql server name, credentials and application name are recognized by sharepoint, because if I try to insert wrong values for these parameters I receive an error message accordingly ("can't connect", "wrong credentials", "application not found",...).
I also tried to change db name, but in this case I have the same "some or all identity references ..." error. Of course I'm sure db name is correct.
I tried to restore and attach my content database on SQL Express on the sharepoint machine, using this:
Mount-spContentDatabase –name DBName –databaseserver MYSRV\Sharepoint –updateuserexperience –webapplication http://my.intranetapp.com
and it's working.
So the issue is definitely with SQL authentication. Unfortunately, I MUST use SQL authentication.