I'm having problems installing development machine for SharePoint (Foundation) 2010. This is what I did so far on the same machine:
- Installed a clean Windows 7 x64 with 4GB of RAM without being part of any domain. Just a simple standalone machine.
- Enabled IIS related features as described here except IIS6 related ones (two of them)
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Development Edition (DB Engine and Writer being enabled but not SQL Agent)
- Installed Visual Studio 2010 Premium
- Started installing SharePoint Foundation 2010 with first extracting files, changing config to enable Windows 7 installation and then installed it as Server Farm (then Complete) to avoid installing SQL Express.
- Created a separate SPF_CONFIG local user with
Logon as a serviceright.
- Opened SPF Management Shell and run
New-SPConfigurationDatabaseso I am able to use a non-domain username (SPF_CONFIG that I created in the previous step)
But all I get is this:
The outcome after this error is:
- User SPF_CONFIG is added to SQL Server and attached to this newly created database as
dbowner(check below image)
- On SQL server level SPF_CONFIG user has following rights: