I am creating a document library with a workflow for my architects and engineers so that they can gain review acceptance and ultimately approval for their documents before they are published.
Each set documents that they create will have a different audience for review and approval but I want them all to work from the same document library.
My question is, is there a way of creating a workflow where they can add in metadata and choose a specific distribution list for their review and then also, once reviews are completed that will then automatically start the approval process, again where they can choose which distribution list they need.
So the process will be:
- Engineer / Architect creates document
- Uploads to SharePoint and completes metadata
- He chooses the correct distribution list from the metadata to get his document reviewed
- When everyone within that group has reviewed, he then chooses his approval distribution list and starts that process
- When all is reviewed and approved, the document gets published (possibly another workflow step?)
Please note that I am not overly technical so the simplest way to set this up would be appreciated!!
Any help that any could give me would be greatly received :o)