The following is an existing functionality implemented in SharePoint 2010. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the code. So I'm not sure how the following is achieved.
Is the following achievable in SharePoint online?
- First, a file with a specific extension is uploaded into a library. This file gets a SharePoint ID.
- Then over that file, there is a custom action to upload another file with a different extension in the same library.
- When the user performs the custom action the following happens.
- The original file gets backed up to a specific folder in the same library.
- The new file gets uploaded with a different SharePoint ID and it gets updated with the version history of the first file.
- The first file seems to get deleted.
I had a look at this thread, but that is not helpful.