I am just wondering if anyone else is currently having issues with crawled properties not being created/shown for new site columns on a new site. I can see that search has indexed the site columns but crawled properties are not available.
My site is a modern team site not connected to an M365 group, I have also found this issue on modern comms sites and classic publishing sites.
I first noticed this issue Friday when I created two managed metadata site columns and a new content-type, after assigning the content-type to a document library I uploaded several documents and tagged the documents appropriately. However, when trying to map these site columns to a custom managed property they are not being found. They are also not being displayed as crawled properties.
I have since tried creating a basic single line of text site column, adding said column to a document library and populating the field with data, I have tried this across multiple site collections and get the same issue across them all.
I am a site collection administrator on all site collections, I have tried reindexing libraries and site collections, I have checked that indexing is enabled at a site collection and a library level and everything looks normal.
My tenant is in the UK currently.