After installing the CU for Office Online Server when I run the New-OfficeWebAppsFarm command it throws this error: New-OfficeWebAppsFarm : The Office Online service did not respond in a timely fashion.
In Event viewer I see this error -
Product: Microsoft Office Web Apps Global Components -- Error 1921. Service 'Office Online' (WACSM) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.
KB number: KB4484270 March 2020
ISO file version: 16.0.10338.20039
This happened the last time we patched as well but the service eventually started after trying several times.
- Office Online Service is stuck on starting
- Office Online service is running as Local System
- I'm logged in as local administrator
- Following accounts are added to 'Log on as a service' local security policy: Administrators group, Systems account, IIS App Pool.net v4.5, IIS App Pool.net v4.5 Classic, NT service\all services
- Tried uninstalling Office Online server it fails with the same error that office online service cannot be stopped, verify you have sufficient privileges...Then it rolls back uninstallation
- Rebooted the server
- This is happening in other environments too - Dev, Test
Please let me know what else can be tried. Thanks.