SharePoint 2010 Applications have been migrated to SharePoint 2016 applications but we are facing with an critical issue nowadays.
I will mention what we tried and what we got below.
After mounting the content database we executed the powershell script below:
$wa = Get-SPWebApplication https://xxx.com.tr; $wa.MigrateUsers($true); $wa.ProvisionGlobally();
- The domain is same.
- Claims based authentication is enabled.
Secondly we checked user's permissions and everything was fine.
But users are getting "Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you", if the folder library has unique permission and sub folder also has unique permission although they have full control on that subfolder.
In SharePoint 2010, they were able to see these folders and also they were able to see upper folders empty because they had Limited Access.
What I checked :
- I checked SPSuperUserAccount and SPSuperReaderAccount in web application.
- I checked master pages and All Users have read permission on that.
- I checked ULS Logs and everything was fine.
- Also users are able to see files with full path.
Is there any change with permission structure in SharePoint 2016 ?