Since then I have installed a some Microsoft Version Updates for VS 2019 that I was prompted to install. The current version of VS 2019 is 16.3.10. I have also set up the project with version control with a local Git repository and Teams Services.
Now I am not able to deploy the solution due to the following error that occurs when I deploy either the Solution or the App.
The error is as follows:
The "AddSharePointResolver" task was not found. Check the following:
- 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class.
- 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface.
- 3.) The task is correctly declared with in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin" directory.
To this point, to my knowledge, there have not been any "tasks" in the project nor do I know what these actually are. I cannot find any reference on the internet to "AddSharePointResolver", within the solution, or on the internet.
After some investigating:
- The Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface isnt on my computer
- There are no *.tasks files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin
- I searched for the term "UsingTask" in the solution and it was not found
I'm a bit baffled as to what has changed to prompt for this and what it is actually referring to.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.