0

I have 2 issues really. I have set this up successfully for some of my fields on my Nintex form. The autocomplete works perfectly.

Issue 1: I attempted to set this up on another field on another list. The field will not find anything when you start typing. I thought possibly I had the wrong crawled property, but I tried everything I could think of with no success.

Issue 2: I attempted to use a different column from the second list from Issue 1 to see if it was a column issue. I did get results, but they were not correct. In fact, I am unable to find ANYWHERE that the information in the auto-correct is displaying.

I can get the field to work if I connect it to the same columns as the other fields that are working. So it doesn't appear to be a field or code issue. It seems that it either doesn't like the list or the specific column.

I also tried to create a completely new list with column names I know are not being used anywhere else in our farm, but this didn't work either.

I have no idea what's going on. It's quite puzzling. Below is my code.

NWF$(document).ready(function() {
//The source data for the autocomplete is the Journals list  
//Store the journal titles in a array variable  
var externalParties = [];
NWF$().SPServices({
    operation: "GetListItems",
    async: false,
    listName: "Vendor IDs",
    CAMLViewFields: "<ViewFields><FieldRef Name='Vendor Name' /></ViewFields>", //the name needs to be changed accordingly   
    completefunc: function(xData, Status) {
        NWF$(xData.responseXML).SPFilterNode("z:row").each(function() {
            externalParties.push(NWF$(this).attr("ows_VendorName").substring(8));
        });
    }
});
//journalinput is added on the control in the NF  
NWF$("#" + journalinput4).autocomplete({
    source: externalParties
});
});

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.