Using just SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath (with no access to SharePoint Designer or workflows) can the following be achieved?
List Schema (Simplified):
- Action - Text Field
- Current Target Date - Date Field
- Original Target Date - Date Field
- Use an InfoPath form for entry, only presenting the user with "Action" and "Current Target Date" to populate.
- On record creation the value in "Current Target Date" is also written to "Original Target Date"
- Any further updates to "Current Target Date" would not change "Original Target Date".
Thanks in advance for any help/advise provided.