Using SharePoint Designer 2013 I can no longer access a list data source on SharePoint Online when building a DVWP
Steps to reproduce.
- In SPD create a new Web Part Page.
- Edit the new page in Advanced Mode.
- Place cursor in ZoneTemplate tag.
- Click Insert -> Data View -> Empty data view.
- Place cursor in newly create DataSources tag.
- Click Insert -> Data Source -> and select a list.
- In the data source pane click refresh Data source link
error The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the format and content of your query and try again. If the problem persists, contact the server administrator
Ran a fiddler session. get 500 response on. /_vti_bin/webpartpages.asmx.
soap:ServerException of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.An error has occurred.
Also tried to refresh a data source on an existing DVWP with same result.
Anybody experiencing this issue?
Started within last week
I have cleared my SPD cache and tried on two different tenants.