0

In preparation for a migration soon, I am cleaning up our 2013 environment. We used to use Metalogix ControlPoint when we did 2010 to 2013, but that was a long time ago, and it has itself all over the farm configuration.

  • I went into Central Admin, went to ControlPoint and removed it.

  • I went to Manage Farm Solutions and removed the associated features

  • Went to Solution Management and de-activated everything having to do with Metalogix (There was around 8 items).

  • I removed the 4 associated Content Databases from the SQL Cluster.

Now almost all of my sites have a Runtime error and produce the page letting you know to edit the web.configuration file. I've followed that, and there was no change.

ULS is seeing "SPSqlLatencyMonitor.PingServers: exception encountered" constantly with trying to log into the SQL database as well. I am not sure how to interpret what is making the constant call to the DB.

I have clearly broken something, and I'd like to learn how to fix it. This is a QA Environment, and I have backups of everything. I don't want to resort to that yet. I've only been doing SharePoint admin for 2 months now, so I'm still pretty new to a lot of it! I need to eventually apply this to Production.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.