We have an on-premise SharePoint 2016 server and Low-Trust SharePoint Provider Hosted Add-in hosted in remote server. We referred the below article to configure the environment:
Our SharePoint web application supports the following authentication:
- Windows Authentication
- Trusted Provider Authentication
- Form Based Authentication
After we deployed the Low Trust Add-in in our web application, only the FBA users are unable to access the add-in. Please see results below:
- Window Authenticated User - Successfully authenticated
- Trusted Provider User - Successfully authenticated
- Form Based Users - WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Is there any additional configuration needed for low trust add-ins to work with FBA users in SharePoint 2016?
Thank you in advance.