I have a list template (.stp) file. I would like to restore the list and its contents in any given SharePoint environment. The conditions for restoring are listed below:
- Restore the list to any given SharePoint environment/server (as stated above),
- Preserve the GUID of the list across environments so that the references (lookup fields) are carried over.
- Preserve the list metadata including the version history and last modified (date, user, etc).
I am looking to do this in SharePoint 2010 environment. During my search I found the following suggestions, but none of these fulfill all the conditions as listed above:
- STSADM: http://blog.falchionconsulting.com/index.php/2007/09/importexportcopy-lists/
- Content Deployment Wizard: http://spdeploymentwizard.codeplex.com/
- Granular backup from Central Administration (cannot use this because .stp is obtained from SP2007 environment).
Please let me know if there is a way to do this using PowerShell or otherwise. Else, I plan to write my own cmdlet. Thank you.