In a situation when on text field I have option 'Append to existing text' checked How I can export data to excel to contain all the data from this field. The default export to excel is only exporting the last comment.
You cannot see other comments because they are in previous version of the item.
Have a look at this question, I haven't tried it myself but it seems to work for some:
- Use the Export to Excel option in the List section of the ribbon (make sure the list view you export includes a modified column - thanks T6J2E5).
Save the owssvr.iqy file and open with notepad
Copy just the URL from the file and paste it back into your browser, adding "&IncludeVersions=TRUE"
- Save the XML file and open in Excel (or your favorite XML viewer), selecting the "As an XML table" open option.
- You'll have to delete the first few columns and rows as they contain the schema data but other than that you should have all the version history (I suggest you add the Version column to the view). You can sort by the Modified column to get a chronological change log of the entire list
thanks for your question. thanks also to @Marek Sarad for your answer which helped me out. I've actually used it and here are the steps I used
- Make a view that contains list item ID and version, and all comment fields
- Once you get the URL Paste the URL into the browser
- An XML file downloads
- From within Excel data / Get data and open the downloaded XML
- Now you need to do some testing
- In your browser bring up a view of one list item so you can see all the comments
- filter the spreadsheet by that item's ID number
- You'll see many more rows than comments, but if you use the "filter" button on different columns you'll see only the unique number of comments as you see in the actual item. Note the name of the column you find the same number of items as comments. In my case Attribute:ows_Latest_x0020_Comment
- In Excel remove all filters
- Select all rows
- use the "Data tools" menu "remove duplicates, but select only the column you identified. In my case Attribute:ows_Latest_x0020_Comment
- Now sort by ID and Version
You should have one row per comment, and still have the person who created the comment and the date time it was created.