I've created a new SP Enterprise 16 dev environment. I've run a crawl and everything seems to be indexing correctly via central administration. However, things will not populate in the site search, nor will the CSWP provide any results. For example, I have a photo library called "news and announcements photos" and if I change my query to search for images in that library, 0 results will populate. Can anyone give me an idea or references of what might be going on here? Thanks.
Check crawled items:
- Open Central Administration
- Go to Application Management > Manage Service Applications > Search Service Application
- Navigate to Crawl Log
- Under Content Source you are able to see Successes/Warnings/Errors
- Under Diagnostic
- Select URL View
- To Type a URL of host name, fill it with URL to Library and add "/*" like
- You will see there crawled items and theirs state
- If they are here, crawl is working properly you maybe just have bad query?
If they arent here or with some error, you should check settings of Crawling/Search Service
Hope it helps!