Our team runs many short, streamlined projects. We currently have:
- A master excel sheet containing current phase/key data of each project
- Personal .xls tracking tools which automatically calculate a timeline for each project
- Templated docsets for each project, also containing some of this data as metadata (for views)
As project progresses, we are updating each of these three systems individually, which inevitably leads to consistency issues. It would be great if the three were linked. I looked at replacing the master tool with a sharepoint list, but I’m running into one main issue around date calculation. I need a calculated column that:
- Takes into account weekdays
- Takes into account public holidays
- Has the ability to be overwritten manually.
Is this something I am ever going to be able to accomplish using calculated columns? Or should I look into flows? Or would it be better to keep this master excel sheet, and focus on finding a flow that makes this data flow though to other systems? I’m hoping for your guidance as our IT department apparently has no idea how to accomplish this and generally lacks the know-how. I’m willing to learn, but need some guidance :) Thanks!