Trying to start excel services application web service application. The status just seems to be stuck on stopped. Timer service is running and so is excel calculation service. Any ideas?
You should probably delete all excel services applications and follow the instructions here to rebuild them. But before doing so, take note of the account that it is running under.
If Excel Services was running using a service account, disregard the first section titled: To create an account for the application pool
If, after associating the new Excel applications to the sharepoint web application you continue to have an issue, this may be a permissions issue.
To verify if this is the case, look for this error: “Event Viewer: Event 5239, Excel Services Application. There was an error in communicating with Excel Calculation Service (server address on port 32843, standard port for web services address ending with /ExcelService.asmx) exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."*
Try these steps:
- Launch IIS Manager (Start Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager)
- Expand Servers and Expand Sites
- Select SharePoint Web Services from list of available of sites.
- Select Authentication from right panel and available authentications are displayed.
- Disable ASP.NET Impersonation if enabled.
Please Mark This As Answer If It Solved Your Problem