Is is possible to use a custom settings file in SharePoint? Where do I place the .config file, containing the settings - I can only get it to read the default values defined in .settings file.
Update: I am trying to use this solution:
- Added a custom .settings files.
- Created a .config file, based on App.config.
- Referenced the settings file in Web.config using the configSource syntax.
This works great, but I need to figure two things:
- How I modify Web.config programmatically.
- How I make SharePoint / Visual Studio copy my custom .config file to the VirtualDirectories folder under Inetpub.