0

I'm facing a problem with SharePoint 2013. I have an internal list with a simple workflow associated that triggers when an item is created. The workflow populates a "users" type field with the string found in a "string" field.

The problem is the customer gave me a wrong look-up for the names and the workflow failed on many items.

Since that happened, I get the error in the title (exception from hresult 0x80040e14) when I try to do any operation.

I can't delete, create or edit items, I can't interact with any object from the SharePoint designer ( i get generic error messages).

If I enter the "workflows settings" from the list section of the ribbon, I can see 154 pending workflows that I'm not able to stop ( same error as the title).

Since I found out that the mentioned exception is usually a reference to the site limit reached, I tried to edit the quota to enlarge it, but I get an error when trying to edit the quota template or when I try to select a larger one.

I tried with a restart of the machine where SharePoint is running, but the 154 pending workflow instances didn't stop.

I couldn't find any reference to this specific problem on the community, I would be glad if someone faced (and solved) the same issue.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.