Is there any way to use our custom content type as default content type for document library? I have a custom content type in a site collection. Whenever I/others create a new document library, the custom content type should be automatically applied as a default content type. Is it possible to do in SharePoint Online? Can you please suggest some ideas to achieve this?
There are two methods, check if they're feasible for your requirement:
- You can use PowerShell command to set the default content type for library
- Use remote event receiver and select list events with listadded method. And set the SPList.RootFolder.UniqueContentTyperOrder value for default content type.
Yes it is possible.
- Create a new library so you can create a template.
- In the library settings in advanced settings enable management of content types.
- Remove content types you don't need, make the default content type first on the list.
- Disable management of content types.
- Create an template of the library (from the library settings)
Now when your users are creating libraries they can use the new template to do that it will contain the CT you have applied.