We had some disk space issue on our search server and after which search is not working and displaying the error "The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service". 1 server is used as Index and query server.
In Central Administration --> Search administration page, I see the below error
I also see the below errors in Event log of search server every minute:
Registry missing in Prod:
I could see a registry entry related to search missing in Prod:
Below are my troubleshooting steps:
- Restarted OSearch service.
- Ran Product Configuration Wizard.
- Cleared file cache on all SP servers.
- Recreated SSP using a new DB and got the same error even in new SSP.
- Re-attached SSP Content DB.
- Restarted all search related services and restarted even search server.
- Reset the index.
I see that App pool of SSP getting stopped whenever any search related pages are hit in Central Admin.Even if i start it, it gets stopped as soon as a search page is hit in Central admin.
I created a new app pool and associated the application to the new app pool but still face the same issue
Can someone help me on how to proceed with the troubleshooting and help me solve this issue?