We are unable to open some .docx documents in Word desktop application from an on premise SharePoint 2016 document library. There are at least 2 of such documents, but might be more.
The error message in Word is:
Sorry, we couldn't open http://filepath
The file opens in Word Online, but only in read mode - if I try to switch to Edit mode, there's an error.
It works perfectly fine if I just download it and open in Word. Many (possibly All) users are affected.
What I already tried:
- Deleting OfficeFileCache
- Opening from different browsers
- Opening directly from Word (file->open)
- Uploading a new version of the file (download->edit->upload)
- Opening the file from a server where an older version of Word 2016 is installed
- Running full crawl, reindexing the library
-If I download the file and then upload it with a different name - it opens fine. But that's not a solution because we need version number and version history.
-If I download the file, delete the original from sharepoint and upload it with the same name - it won't open
Our Word version is 1809 (O365)
Would you see any other solutions? Thanks!