I want to know if Sharepoint can be used for entire product life cycle management. Our products have a hardware and software component. The software consists of both embedded firmware running on the product, as well as web applications or websites developed in Visual Studio for our head end system etc. We use TFS as our source code repository and version control system for all software domains. What we want to do is tie up the following aspects of our entire product life cycle management:
- Requirements solicitation
- Document and BOM management and version control and approval (move documents from pending to approved approved or released state). Document will include technical specifications, drawings, circuit diagrams, FRS, URS, Requirements etc. All this needs to be reviewed by relevant stakeholders and go through some signoff or approval process to move the published state.
- Project planning and management (we use MS Projects for generating project plans)
- Source code repo, version control and code reviews (TFS used currently)
- Bug tracking - TFS
- Release management - TFS
- Test management - TFS
- Project Collaboration - Sync with Outlook, Skype etc.
Can Sharepoint be used to integrate all the above, possibly with Office 365?