Issue Nutshell version:
Timer job WSPs seem to be cached some how.(tried commenting the whole thing out, then I deployed it, activated the feature, then restarted the service/server).
There is a CAML query that runs every day and pulls what is supposed to be older then 30 days to an archived area. However some of the logic was wrong and it pulled everything within the 30 days. I fixed the Query then I followed these steps:
- Published to create the TimerJob.wsp.
- Deployed wsp to the server.
- Went To Central Admin > Web Applications > ?WebName? > Manage Features.
- Activated Timer Job.
- Reset SharePoint Timer Service (also tried restarting server).
- Run Timer Job Manually (also waited 24 hours to see if it would run correctly on scheduled time).
With those changes the Timer Job still took the items within the 30 day period and archived them.
I think my main problem of understanding comes from having to manage an already created SharePoint Server. I don't understand how it works, or let alone how to manage it.