- One of my duties is being the SCA for a sitecollection; so, permissions are not an issue.
- I am still new to SP and being an SCA.
- I just had SP Designer 2013 installed, and I am new to that as well.
- I am very much a novice with html, css, js, and jquery; but have used it within my site to create web parts like an expandable/collapsable accordion menu, tabbed web parts (hillbilly tabs), etc.
- I have publishing infrastructure activated.
- I mapped a network drive to the Mater Page Gallery.
- I created my own composed look (by creating a custom .spcolor file), and deployed it with success.
- The original seattle theme I used was “characters”.
- Lastly…now I want to switch from seattle to oslo…so, I have created my own custom.html, .master, .preview, and .css (from the oslo “sketch” theme). And yes, they have been published, checked-in, approved, etc, etc). And the custom.html, .master, and .preview are in the Master Page Gallery and the custom.css is in the Style Library.
I know my new custom.html and .css is working because:
- HTML: I changed my favicon.ico in the .html and can see it on the IE tab for that “Test Site”.
- CSS: I updated the SPM: CSSRegistration in the .html to my new custom.css and the colors I changed in the .css are displaying correctly.
Now that I want to switch from seattle to oslo, I know that oslo will replace the global nav with the current nav. No biggy, because I can create my own links and drag a link under another one and have my dropdowns.
- So, I created a “Test Page” for my “Test Site” (that is in the custom oslo format).
- Then I created a new link in the navbar to the “Test Page” and dragged it under the “Site Contents” link, where it shows up when I hover over “Site Contents”.
- Now that I have a dropdown, there should be a dropdown arrow next to “Site Contents” but it is not there.
- I know that oslo will show a dropdown arrow because I created a new subsite (Test Site 2) and changed the composed look to “sketch” (with all the pink) and created a “Test Page” for that subsite. Then I created a new link for the Test Page, dragged it under “Site Contents”, and the dropdown arrow appears.
- I have used F12 and SP Designer to search through the .html and .css files to find out where I can get my dropdown to appear, but no luck.
- Using F12 on my original site (seattle), I clicked on the DOM explorer and then clicked on the location where the dropdown arrow is and noticed something like “themedcss?ctag=198”. I assume that is the number for the sprite being referenced for the dropdown arrow??
- When I did the same thing for my custom site, I noticed “ctag=7”.
- Is there a place in the custom.html to reference/update the spcommon (or whatever it is) from my original seattle so I can have the same color sprites used in my custom site? Am I even asking the right question??
- Do I do this in the .css, .html, etc??
- I have tried all sorts of combos in the Master Page as well to include the alternate css option.
- I even tried creating a new composed look in the customized subsite using the .spcolor from the original seattle site. Nothing.
- I even updated the color of the header background to make sure the color was not the same as the dropdown arrow.
- I want the dropdown arrow for my new custom site (oslo) to show up when I drag a link under another one.
I would provide the location to my site so you can poke around but it is located within a DoD domain, which is not accessible to the public.
It's the weekend and I am not at work, but if I need to provide some pics let me know.
Updated 06Aug18: changed "spcommon.png?ctag=198 to "themedcss?ctag=198"