I had SharePoint 2013 SPD Workflows successfully running on SharePoint 2016 Enterprise Server but recently after enabling the web application with SSL certificate, workflows stop executing. I tried this on 3 different servers, each one throwing different kind of errors. Tried with ULS but did not found any helpful cause of error. Do I need to do any additional configuration at Workflow Manager side to make this working? Or the below article is the solution to my problem?
I think you have to re register the Workflow Manager proxy on SharePoint server side as your web application using the SSL while you register workflow proxy with http.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite "https://myserver/mysitecollection" -WorkflowHostUri "https://workflow.example.com:12290" -force
The solution to the above problem was:
- Uninstalled all Workflow Manager and Service Bus Cumulative Updates.
- Uninstalled Workflow Manager
- Re-installed Workflow Manager.
- Attached Trusted Signed SSL Certificate for Workflow Manager (This time I did not use self-signed certificate)
- Register the Workflow Service in SharePoint 2016 Management Shell
- Opened SPD 2013 workflows in SharePoint Designer 2013 and re-published each workflow.
The workflows were not visible at first in SharePoint Designer 2013 as we had migrated DB from UAT to production. After installing SPD Service Pack 1 and 8th April 2018 hotfix, workflows were visible in SPD for re-publish.
The key points here is to re-install Workflow Manager and used a trusted signed SSL certificate for Workflow Manager and also for SharePoint web application and finally re-publishing the workflows.