I’m experiencing an extremely annoying issue with SharePoint.
This is what I’ve done on our SharePoint Online tenant:
- Created a new modern SharePoint team site. I want to track client invoices. -Created the initial required site columns (Invoice No, Customer, Invoice date, project code etc.).
- Created a content type from these new site columns.
- Created a list for client invoices and enabled management of content types and added my content type as the default content type on this list.
- Modified the default view on my list.
- Captured initial data (current outstanding client invoices) to test and modify my solution (list) with.
- Started to add additional required columns. Process is a) create new site column, b) add to content type, c) modify view.
Now my problem is that suddenly, new columns I have added are not available to check if I modify the view on the list?
It seems as if the available list of columns to use in the view is just not updating anymore when I change columns on the content type.
Can anyone help?