0

PSCDiagnostics Contians the following error:

Task upgradebootstrap has failed with an unknown exception 07/04/2018 11:03:38 11 ERR Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: object. Line 1, position 3635. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.GetObject(Guid id, Guid parentId, Guid type, String name, SPObjectStatus status, Byte[] versionBuffer, String xml) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.GetObject(SqlDataReader dr) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.RefreshCache(Int64 currentVersionOverride, List1& newObjects, List1& deletedObjects, Int64& newestObjectVersion) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.RefreshCache() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.StoreObject(SPPersistedObject obj, Boolean storeClassIfNecessary, Boolean ensure) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.ISPPersistedStoreProvider.PutObject(SPPersistedObject persistedObject, Boolean ensure) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.BaseUpdate()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.Update() at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeSession.CommitToFarm(SPManager manager, SPFarm farm) at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.BootStrap(Guid sessionId, SPUpgradeOperationFlags flags) at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeBootstrapTask.Run() at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

In Addition, while trying to collect error cause using the following command in the sharepoint shell:

Merge-SPLogFile -Path ".\error.log" -Correlation 335e779e-d336-006a-5e1a-65465eef36fd

the following error is raised:

Merge-SPLogFile : Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: object. Line 1, position 3635. At line:1 char:1 + Merge-SPLogFile -Path ".\error.log" -Correlation 335e779e-d336-006a-5 ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (:) [Merge-SPLogFile], XmlException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletMergeLogFile

The same error is raised while trying to Manage Application Services in the Central Administration.

I have tried to check if there is any problem in Central Administration site web.config, no problem found.

In Addition, the WSS_Logging database is corrupted.

Also, Not all Functions in Central Administration is working Properly, Manage service applications ends with the same error.

(Update) Today, After running Repair SharePoint which successfully finished, i have tried to run SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, the wizard ends with the following (before repair) error:

Failed to initiate the upgrade sequence. An exception of type System.Xml.XmlException was thrown. Additional exception information: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: object. Line 1, position 3635. System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: object. Line 1, position 3635.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.