when attempting to import a Spreadsheet from Excel to SP13, I get the error "List cannot be imported because SP Foundation-compatible spreadsheet is not installed or compatible with your browser.
- Go to Tools in IE
- Click on Internet Options
- Click on Programs at the top
- Click on “Manage add-ons” near the bottom
- Click on Publisher, so you can see all of Microsoft Corporation together
- Scroll to SharePoint names (May be one or several)
- Make sure they are all enabled by clicking on the name; the Enable button is towards the bottom.
- Then click OK and OK and restart IE
Or try this Solution: Use Internet Explorer 32 bit version!
How to Open Internet Explorer 32 bit version? Go to start >> Type "Internet Explorer" and pick the "Internet Explorer" link as in this screenshot.
Solution: Well, SharePoint 2013 expects your SharePoint 2013 site to be in Trusted Sites List! So, Add your SharePoint site to Trusted Sites zone.
Here is How to Add SharePoint Site to Trusted Sites Zone: Go to Internet Explorer >> Click on "Tools" Menu >> Internet Options >> Security >> Trusted Sites >> click on "Sites" button and Enter the URL of your SharePoint Site >> Click on "Add".
Also also check the below add-ons are enabled in Internet explorer. Open IE click on Settings Icon -> Manage Add-on and check the below add-ons are enabled.
SharePoint Export Database Launcher SharePoint Spreadsheet Launcher SharePoint Stssync Handler
After this the error The list cannot be imported because a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible spreadsheet application is not installed or is not compatible with your browser will not appear.