I have a SharePoint Online List customized in Infopath. This list has Parent-Child relationship with other list. On form submit, I need to submit data to this list(parent) as well as Child list too. How can I achieve this?
I realize this is an old post, but hopefully this will help someone out. It can be done with OOTB functionality, using a SharePoint Designer workflow.
This is how I do it: "main list" = The main data connection in the InfoPath form "secondary list" = The other list you would like to submit to
- Open SPD, and navigate to the main list
- In the Workflow section, click "New"
- Create your workflow
- Add the Action: "Update item in this list"
- Click "this list"
- Select the secondary list you are submitting to, from the drop down
- Click "Add..."
- Select the field in the secondary list you need to submit to
- Select the field in the main list whose value will be used to update the field you selected in step 6
Now you need to identify the specific item in the secondary list you want to update. In this example I am matching the ID in the secondary list, with the ID of the current item
- In the "Field" drop down, select "ID"
- In the "Value" drop down, select "Current item", then "ID"
I hope I explained steps 8 and 9 well enough. The fields to match are dependent on your specific needs. I chose "ID" because we can all relate to that.