I have an Active Directory Group 'GROUPA' that contains Person1 and Person2 I also have Person3 who is not in that group.
I create a sharepoint page, and in that page I set the page permissions to give that group Full Control.
If I then run a check Permissions on that page for Person 3 it states that they have full control of that page given through GROUPA, although they are not in GROUPA.
The annoying thing is, this setup worked 3 weeks ago, and is now giving everyone access to everything via Active Directory Groups they aren't actually part of.
I am a complete Sharepoint Newbie and have been going round in circles checking Site Collections etc but getting nowhere, if I remove GROUPA from having Access Peron3 looses Access so I am fairly confident this is where my issue is, I just don't know why.