I'm working on SP2016
On-Premises and VS2017, new in Server Side development and trying to create a custom WebPart. In order to get familiar with it I followed some tutorial found on the web. Let's take this one from Microsoft. Followed step by step but when I try to add the webpart to a page, I get the message
I know, google already knows a lot about it. Also here we find some question about it, but I read and tried a lot without success.
What I tried:
- Double check Namespace, Assembly Name as mentioned here
- Redeploy as mentined here. Actually I tryied to deploy it using VS and also by hand (powershell commands) as mentioned here. Must confess I don't know what @Michael Goldshmidt means with
Resolved the error by changing BadString to a number: 8
- Added SafeControls in web.config as mentioned here. However this tutorial says it is not needed since the VS Deploys adds it automatically.
- Took a look to the ULS as mentioned here but there is nothing helpful
- No idea what he corrected here
What am I missing?