i am working on sharepoint online team site collection. now i got the following requirement:-
- we need to add a sharepoint calendar.
- then inside the site home page, to show a customized calendar view which will only show the next 5 upcoming events inside Calendar view .
now i was thinking of doing the following, on paper these steps should work fine:-
- Add an app part inside my home page for the Calendar.
- Then edit the Calendar view, and define the following:-
- inside the list view filter, to only show the calendar's events which have start date greater than or equal today date and time.
- sort by start date ascending.
- limit the list view to only 5.
now this did not work for the following reasons:-
- inside the Calendar list view, i can not define an item limit option. and seems the Calendar view will always show all the events...
- i can not filter the list view based on the Start date...
so not sure if there is a workaround for this?