I currently have my SharePoint 2010 server set up with twelve content databases. In each is or should be one site collection at the moment, but as I went through to set up each one five of them gave me the following error:
The URL 'Reporting Templates/audit.xlsx' is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: 20185930-c5b1-4abc-84b5-e5709e1d2241
Date and Time: 11/22/2011 11:02:40 AM
I've checked in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\Reporting\Templates and confirmed that Audit.xlsx does exist.
Here's my method that I've been using to set up these site collections in these CDBs:
- Stop all content databases.
- Start only the content database I want to create a site collection in.
- Using Central Administration go to Application Management -> Create Site Collections.
- Enter the appropriate information. (I'm using the managed path [with Wildcard inclusion] http://servername/departments/ for all of these initial site collections. The only things that change are the title and the URL of each site collection.)
- Hit OK.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why those five specific CDBs wouldn't accept a site collection. While the other seven worked just fine.
Why can't I create site collections in those five CDBs?
Edit: I've tried creating a directory in ...\FEATURES called "Reporting Templates" and copying the contents of ...\Reporting\Templates into it in an effort to match the directory that the error says it's trying to reach. When I go to create a site collection I get the exact same error, though.
Edit 2: Using the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and the following command I get the exact same error.
New-SPSite http://***/departments/clientservices -OwnerAlias ***\*** -ContentDatabase
WSS_Content_Client-Services -SecondaryOwnerAlias ***\*** -Template STS#0 -Name "Client Services"
Edit 3 - 1/5/2012: If I remove RBS from one of the misfit CDBs and try to add a site collection using the command from Edit 2 it installs correctly! We've narrowed it down to an RBS issue, ladies and gentlemen! Additionally after creating that site collection and then reinstalling RBS trying to create another site collection returns the original error.
RBS breaks things. Great.