I have latest version of Office 2016 pro plus installed.
Attempting to save word document to SharePoint 2013 document library that has two document content types.
As of this week. Word no longer prompts user to chose which content type. It does not even save as the default content type.
I have completed some more testing (2/May/18). The issue is certainly SharePoint because when you drag a file into the "+ new document or drag files here" it defaults to the wrong content type.
So how to replicate this issue:
- SharePoint 2013 Enterprise - Team site collection
- Create a Team site
- Create a Content Type and add a site column (for interest sake my site column is a Managed Metadata column) & make this column mandatory
- Add the above CT to the library
- Set the above CT to default on the library. You should now have your library and the default "Document" CT
- Drag and drop a file into the library
- Check file properties, it should be the incorrect CT: "Document"
Any help appreciated.