I have created a workflow that checks if an item exist in another list (List B). The first thing it does is to add an unique ID to the item, if it is a new item. If I am updating an item, the workflow will use this ID to check if the item exists in another list. For this I have created a Variable (Project ID).
I have inserted a condition saying "If List B: Project ID equals Variable: Project ID" (Find the List item field is set to Field Project ID, Value: Variable: Project ID)
This should tricker an action: "Log [%Current Item:Project Number%] already exists in List B", but it doesn't work.
However if I replace the definisions with Title, it works. But if I replace it with Project nr it goes back to not working
(in both cases I haven't changed the Find the List item)
I have added a picture of my workflow below.