My environment is SP 2013 On-Prem. I have a user that states they modified a file and the properties on the file indicate that.
If I do a search (after a crawl) and look at the image preview, it shows a 7 hour difference.
If I look in the document library > ellipsis > image preview > the date/time is correct.
Crawl log shows it being successfully crawled.
- I have tested this change in a separate document in a separate site collection and it reflects properly in the search results preview.
- I tested an existing office doc in the same doc library. Same issue.
- I tested a new office doc in the same doc library. Same issue.
- I tested an image in the Images library. Shows correct timestamp.
- I created a new doc library with a new office doc. Same issue.
- Regional settings are local and correct for each of those site collections.
I started to consider this article until I saw that the separate test was producing correct results. http://www.sharepointsearch.net/crawled-and-filtered-office-or-pdf-documents-have-a-wrong-date-in-search-results/
Anyone have any thoughts/ideas on what I can try? #Baffled