I do understand that
- CU is released on a monthly basis and contains bug fixes
- PU may be released on a monthly basis and contains security fixes
- Feature pack is released on a yearly basis and contains new features, bug fixes & security fixes
- CU should be installed only when it is required
- PU should be installed ASAP
- Feature pack should be installed in a month or two after the release.
Now I have the following queries
- Is January 2018 CU a CU or PU? I has security fix as well.
- What is the recommended frequency for CU installation? I do understand that it should be installed on a demand basis however just trying to see if there are any other recommendations.
- What happens when I skip last 3 CUs and wanted to install the current CU? should I install all the CUs that are missed?
- Can I just keep installing PUs without having to install CUs?
- Finally, what is recommended for Feature Pack installation?