Apologies if this is the wrong stack to post this in.
This issue is WebDAV related, involving both SharePoint 2013, and Windows 7. I will limit this topic to 3 Windows 7 Machines, and 2 SharePoint 2013 farms (although it affects a lot more machines).
- W7-1 (Windows 7 Client #1)
- W7-2 (Windows 7 Client #2)
- W7-3 (Windows 7 Client #3)
- SP-1 (SharePoint 2013 Farm #1)
- SP-2 (SharePoint 2013 Farm #2)
I have noticed inconsistent behaviour involving WebDAV, which can be summed up like this:
- W7-1 works on SP-1 but not SP-2
- W7-2 works on SP-2 but not SP-1
- W7-3 works on both SP-1 and SP-2
Further information about this set up:
- WebClient service is running on all machines
- SharePoint instances are root site collections (No managed paths with roots missing)
- Same user account used for all test, so not a permissions issue
- There is no firewall or proxy between client machines and SharePoint farms
- SharePoint sites are added to "trusted sites" in Internet Explorer
- Behaviour is the same for "open in explorer" view, or using a WebDAV UNC path in Windows Explorer
- I don't think that this is a hotfixes issue, due to all clients working on at least one sharepoint box.
- All Windows 7 clients are 32 bit
I can't figure out why the client machines can't connect to all SharePoint boxes with WebDAV!
Can anyone help?
Here are the errors from one of the machines: