how to minimize database latency issues for increase sharepoint web front end and applications servers performance I have a large scale of sharepoint farm and in peak time there is issue of Sql server slowness
Some things to check consider:
- Add RAM to SQL Server box
- Decrease the distance between the SQL Server and the SharePoint servers
- Isolate the SQL Server from other applications--just have SharePoint databases on one server, no other instances or non-SharePoint application databases
- Point the web servers back to themselves (127.0.0.1) in the HOSTS file.
- Decrease the services on the web front end servers that should be application server specific.
- Add more servers to the farm and scale out.
- Follow the recommended requirements