Best Practice to create a New Theme (Template) for your project, and apply your new Template as a Master Page.
To apply your New Created Theme (Template) Follow Below Steps:
- : Go to Your Site Setting
- : Click On Design Manager inside the Look And Feel Section.
- : Click on Edit Master Page from Left Nav.
- : Click on Convert an HTML file to a SharePoint master page
- : Copy the Master Page Gallery URL From Open Windows For Exm: [http: //XYZ-SERVER /_catalogs/masterpage]
- : Map this URL to your Local PC and copy your Theme Folder into this Location.
- : Use Step 4 again after copy your folder you will see HTML file in your convert wizard
: Click your Copied Theme Folder and select HTML file and click on Insert Button
: It will generate you *.master file for your New Theme (Template)
- : Now Click on Edit Master Pages and publish your new Theme File
Now Your New Master page is ready to apply in your sites and SubSites
I Hope this will help full for you.
If You need more information, reply it.