I have SharePoint farm 2013 on-premises.and i configure the "Outgoing E-Mail Settings" as follow:-
Now currently the following operations will be sending emails correctly from the above address "
- any user who define a user notification on a list or on an item, will receive and email accordingly.
- if i am sending emails from workflow 2010 or workflow 2013.
- emails inside event receivers.
- follow a user will send an email to the user that someone start following him.
but for these 2 actions no emails are being sent:-
- If userA define to receive an email when someone mentioned him, as follow:-
then no email will be sent to userA, when let say UserB mention UserA in a newsfeed area.
- also for the invitation email, when you add a user to a security group, as follow:-
Then the user will ONLY receive email if the system account add him, or a user who have "Manage Permission" permission. But if a user with contribute permission add another user to the group no email will be sent.
now i am not sure what the above indicate about the source of the problem ? is it something inside sharepoint or it is something inside exchnage server or other components ? and what i can do to know the exact source of this problem ?