System being used is Sharepoint 2013 on premises.
Users in Accounts have monthly files, to make the new month's file they do the following:
- Open August file.
- Check out file to enable editing.
- File/Save As/rename to September file name.
- Save, checks-in September doc. Close September file.
- Discard check-out of August file.
- However, the August file remains checked out.
I have checked for other posts on Stack Exchange, but didn't find something specifically addressing this issue. I found these two posts, but they've not helped.
http://uk.pcmag.com/browsers-reviews-and/41051/feature/how-to-clear-your-cache-on-any-browser (clear the browser cache) – this is a bit too heavy handed, it loses all saved passwords. Not certain that this would fix the issue either.
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sharepoint_workspace_development_team/2010/09/30/troubleshooting-checkincheckout-problems-in-a-sharepoint-workspace/ (synchronise the document library) – we don’t have a SYNC button.
I'm grateful for any suggestions.