I have created and developed a list along with 2 custom forms and a few SPD workflows in O365 site. I want to move these changes to the production site.What is the best and recommended way of doing this?
To Move a list with its related workflow in SharePoint online, you should try one of the below options:
- Using a 3rd party tool like
Save list as templateand
Save Workflow as Template
Recreating the workflows manually by
- Opening the SharePoint designer in both source and destination site
- Create your list workflow, In source workflow
Select AllSteps and move it to the destination workflow.
Save Workflow as a template Steps
- Open SharePoint Designer, Open Your site.
- Connect to your SharePoint online account.
- Go to Workflow > click on your workflow that you need to move.
- From the above ribbon click on
Save as Template
- The template should be saved to the Site Assets library.
- Now you have a template from a workflow.
To restore from Save As Template
- Go to Site Asset library.
- Click Export File.
Go to your destination site > Click Site Actions and select Site Settings. > In the Web Design Galleries section > click Solutions.
Upload your exported WSP file > Activate it.
- Go back to Site Actions group, click Manage site features. > activate its feature.
For more details check Ref