I am working on a sharepoint enterprise farm on-premises. and inside the farm i find these settings regarding the User Profile Service which have been set previously by our customer.
- central administration >> application management >> select the web application>> self-service site creation. i find these settings:-
- central administration >> managed services >> User Profile >> My site. i find these settings:-
- central administration >> managed services >> User Profile. i find that there are 25 user profiles.
- when i view all the site collections. i can find only 4 site collections for the personal sites.
now the confusion i am getting are as follow:-
- i can count around 20++ users which have their personal sites created. because when i click on a user name inside the sites, i will be redirected to such a site, and this is the case for at-least 20 users:-
but when i checked the site collections , i can only find that there are 4 personal site collections (as shown above)?? so what is the reason. i was assuming that i should get 20 personal site collections, not only 4?
when i manually navigate to one of the personal site url by typing the following "
http://XXX/my/personal/user_abc" i will be redirected to the following url "
/my/Person.aspx?accountname=" ?? so what does this mean? now the URL for the mysite site collection should be something such as "
/my/personal/.." and not "/my/person.aspx?accountname" ??
inside the web application's self-service site creation, what does "Be Hidden from users" for "start a site" mean ? and if i am hiding this from users,, then how the 4 site collections have been created?? could this setting be changed after the 4 site collections have been created.?
final question . now out customer have around 120 users. so will there be any drawbacks if the 120 users created there own my-sites?? could this slow the sharepoint ? or it is a matter of storage ?? not a matter of server RAM consumption?
can anyone adivce on my above 4 points please?