I would like to create a list in PWA so that I can have users fill in the information that I need in order to create a new Project. I don't see how to create a new list that is not attached to a project. Any ideas? This seems quite basic. Is this documented somewhere? I could not find on technet.
Following instructions from the Project online.
- Go to the project online root site.
- Go to the site contents from the gear icon.
- You will find a '+ New' option to create a List/Library/App/Subsite.
- The 'List' option used to create a new list.
Make sure you have at least Edit rights on the site.
Let me know if I am out of your questions.
You have mentioned in your question
I would like to create a list in PWA so that I can have users fill in the information that I need in order to create a new Project.
So it's not just a direct custom list, you need + one trick that is "Create Projects Option" as I mentioned below,
- At any site below the PWA root site, Click on the Site Setting icon,
add a new APP.
- Create a custom list with at least the mandatory fields of Project custom fields.
- Add a new item to your list, select your Item.
- From the above ribbon, at Item tab, click on the
- Map your list field with your project field in order to create a new Project from list item
For more details check my article at Create a new Project based on SharePoint List Item in Project Server 2016